Application crash when Webrtc M72 start and try to log something

Juan García

May 7, 2019, 6:47:22 AM5/7/19
to discuss-webrtc
I'm working on one webrtc-based application over Windows using MSVC2017 and I'm getting a crash when try to start WebRTC engine in debug mode. I'm using revision M72. This is my args.gn configuration:

target_cpu="x86"
is_debug
=true
symbol_level
=2
proprietary_codecs
=true
rtc_use_h264
=true
rtc_libvpx_build_vp9
=false
rtc_include_tests
=false
rtc_build_examples
=false
libyuv_include_tests
=false
gtest_enable_absl_printers
=false

and this is a crash trace:

Capture.PNG

As you can see in the image, the application is crashing when trying to write a log, specifically, when trying to get filename in src/rtc_base/logging.cc:

// Return the filename portion of the string (that following the last slash).
const char* FilenameFromPath(const char* file) {

const char* end1 = ::strrchr(file, '/');

const char* end2 = ::strrchr(file, '\\');

if (!end1 && !end2)

return file;

else

return (end1 > end2) ? end1 + 1 : end2 + 1;
}

Also, I have seen debug logs like that:

j:218705994): Audio Engine's current capturing mix format:

(‹å]ÃÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌU‹ìjÿh Ûg d¡:17284040): nAvgBytesPerSec: 384000

where filename is ill-formed and seems like it is getting bad memory address where find filename char.

Any idea about it?

Jozsef Vass

May 8, 2019, 12:09:49 AM5/8/19
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
We were getting crashes in log when webrtc was compiled with clang and the application with msvc.

Jozsef

--

---

jack jose

Jul 16, 2020, 6:00:28 PM7/16/20
to discuss-webrtc
  • I met the same problem, how did you solve it? thank you.

在 2019年5月8日星期三 UTC+8下午12:09:49,Jozsef Vass写道:

jack jose

Jul 16, 2020, 6:00:29 PM7/16/20
to discuss-webrtc
  • hi jozsef vass:

  •   I met the same problem, how did you solve it? thank you.

    在 2019年5月7日星期二 UTC+8下午6:47:22,Juan García写道:

    Jozsef Vass

    Jul 18, 2020, 11:20:22 PM7/18/20
    to discuss...@googlegroups.com
    I am pretty sure we did, sorry, I do not remember, it was more than a year ago.

    Jozsef

    --

    ---

    Nick Hwang

    Jul 17, 2023, 1:52:25 AM7/17/23
    to discuss-webrtc
    Did anyone figure this out?

    V I

    Jul 17, 2023, 4:23:14 AM7/17/23
    to discuss...@googlegroups.com
    Use clang and try to match libwebrtc build settings as close as possible, including custom stdlib they use. There are patches and workarounds, but figuring them out is real pain, and then you decide to update libwebrtc and it’s all over again