Open Source Cobrowsing

Michael Potter

Jul 27, 2022, 1:41:07 PMJul 27
to discuss-webrtc
I am looking for webrt code to use to implement cobrowsing on a customer service portal.

I only need to cobrowse on my own website so I don't need a solution that handles a lot of edge cases.

The customer experience will be....

1. Customer starts chat.
2. CSR accepts chat
3. Customer and CSR chat.
4. Customer clicks cobrowsing button on the chat window.
5. Customers browser tab is mirrored on iframe on CSR's browser (or in popout window).
6. CSR can point to things on the screen using pointer separate from customer mouse pointer.
7. Customer or CSR can terminate chat.

Does not need to implement voice (but okay if it does).

Sean DuBois

Jul 28, 2022, 11:01:40 AMJul 28
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michael,

The only already built solution I am aware of is https://github.com/m1k1o/neko

It might be worth reaching out to https://neverinstall.com/ and see if
they offer it as a service/integrations.
> --
>
> ---

guest271314

Jul 28, 2022, 7:43:02 PMJul 28
to discuss-webrtc
Should be possible using `getDisplayMedia()` and WebRTC data channel.