PSA: WebRTC M98 Release Notes

Huib Kleinhout

Feb 14, 2022, 4:36:22 AM2/14/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

WebRTC M98 Release Notes

Branch: WebRTC M98 branch

Summary

WebRTC M98, currently available in Chrome's stable channel, contains 3 new features and over 15 bug fixes, enhancements and stability/performance improvements. We encourage all developers to run versions of Chrome on the Canary, Dev, and Beta channels frequently and quickly report any issues found. Please take a look at this page, for some pointers on how to file a good bug report. The help we have received has been invaluable!

Note that the WebRTC release notes only cover WebRTC specific changes. Build, test and trivial code changes are not included. Follow the Chromium and Chrome releases blog for further updates on important changes in Chrome releases.

We strongly recommend WebRTC developers to fully test their services in Chrome beta to ensure stability for end-users.

The Chrome release schedule can be found here

Highlights

Add a “Share this tab instead” button to the tab sharing ribbon for getDisplayMedia

When sharing a tab using the chrome.desktopCapture extension API, a button to “Share this tab instead” is displayed in the tab sharing ribbon. This change will enable this button also when sharing a tab using the getDisplayMedia web API.

Region Capture - API for Cropping Self-Capture Video Tracks

Region Capture enables the possibility to crop MediaStreamTracks produced by a call to getDisplayMedia. It allows applications to efficiently display shared content and non-shared content in one page. More information can be found here https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-region

Features and Bugfixes

Type

Issue

Description

Component

Bug

http://crbug.com/1271469

Reintroduce SDES aka DtlsSrtpKeyAgreement=False for limited usage

PeerConnection

Bug

http://crbug.com/1272566

Received MediaStreamTracks not attached to audio elements are still played out

Blink>WebRTC

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/11489

Frequent locking in ReceiveStatisticsProxy

Internals

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12713

NACK: erase an unreceived packet because of uncorrect packet ssrc

Network>RTP

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12905

RTCVideoSourceStats.framesPerSecond stat has wrong type

Stats

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12973

msan - SIGSEGV StatsEndToEndTest.VerifyNackStats

Video

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/13287

setCodecPreferences changes where rtx codecs appear in the SDP

PeerConnection

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/13346

FrameBuffer::ReturnReason::kStopped is unused

Video

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/13354

RenegotiateManyVideoTransceiversAndWatchAudioDelay failed on Linux

PeerConnection

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/13374

SDP integration fuzzer is broken

PeerConnection

Feature

http://bugs.webrtc.org/13377

Implement RTCOutboundRtpStreamStats.targetBitrate for audio

Audio,Stats

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/13392

expose relayProtocol on peer-reflexive ice candidate stats

Network>ICE

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/13444

NetEq::Create still in header file, but removed from source

Audio

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/13469

ConfigureSvcNormalVideo does not consider frame orientation when choosing number of spatial layers

Video

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/7063

Complete and spec-compliant RTCIceCandidateStats

Stats

Deprecations

Platform

Type

Issue

Description

Component

webrtc

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12875

Delete VideoEncoder::EncoderInfo::has_internal_source

Video

helloj...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2022, 1:44:50 AM4/19/22
to discuss-webrtc
Is there test support for SDES?

At present, I use the following code,

const constraints = {
mandatory: {},
optional: [{ DtlsSrtpKeyAgreement: false }]
};
const pc = new RTCPeerConnection(configuration, constraints);

the crypto line is not found in the sdp generated by the pc, but the fingerprint line can be found,

My test sdes failed, my chrome version is "Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (x86_64)"

Philipp Hancke

Apr 19, 2022, 1:57:56 AM4/19/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
There is not apart from generating an offer and checking for the presence of crypto lines.
This is an API you were not supposed to use for 5+ years...

--

---

Harald Alvestrand

Apr 19, 2022, 1:59:40 AM4/19/22