Sharing a Chrome tab with audio

jose israel diaz zapata

Dec 4, 2021, 2:47:07 PM12/4/21
to discuss-webrtc
Hi, there is a strange behavior when I share a Chrome tab with audio(the little checkbox checked). So the problem is that I have to turn on my mic so that the other participants in the room can listen to the audio from the tab, and obviously they can hear my voice too if I talk. My question is what should I do if I want to have the 2 audio streams separately so that the participants can hear the audio and I can turn off my mic.

Have a good day.

Tushar Tripathi

Dec 14, 2021, 11:58:25 AM12/14/21
to discuss-webrtc
Are you publishing the audio track from the screen share stream? The result of getDisplayMedia is a MediaStream that has both audio and video MediaStreamTrack in this case.

guest271314

Dec 15, 2021, 10:22:39 PM12/15/21
to discuss-webrtc
I am not entirely sure what the requirement is.

> So the problem is that I have to turn on my mic so that the other participants in the room can listen to the audio from the tab, and obviously they can hear my voice too if I talk.

Why is microphone needed?

What audio are you trying to share?

The audio that is rendered to speakers or headphones?