Disable STUN bind request for WebRTC app

Dipta Pratim Banerjee

Sep 11, 2014, 10:37:50 AM9/11/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am working on a webRTC application where we want to disable the STUN completely. We used the following code to create the RTCPeerConnection:

var pc_config =

{

       "iceServers" : [ {

               "url" : "stun:0.0.0.0"

       } ],

       "iceTransports": "none"

};

var pc_constraints = {'optional': [{'googIPv6': true}]}; //I need IPv6

var pc = new RTCPeerConnection(pc_config, pc_constraints);

But even if I try to disable STUN I see that STUN bind request is going out from the browser though they are not acknowledged.

So is it possible to disable this STUN bind request completely?

Vikas

Sep 15, 2014, 4:49:16 PM9/15/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
If you dont want STUN candidates just don't provide a STUN server. But still the regular ICE check that uses stun binding request will be the sent to the remote candidates addresses.

/Vikas

Iñaki Baz Castillo

Sep 15, 2014, 5:00:14 PM9/15/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
> So is it possible to disable this STUN bind request completely?

You can disable the STUN servers by setting an empty array in the
"iceServers" field, but you MUST deal with STUN Binding requests and
WebRTC.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<i...@aliax.net>