Cannot reduce bitcode size iOS

Hamed Hosseini

Jul 20, 2021, 2:41:59 PMJul 20
to discuss-webrtc
Hi
I need to enable bitcode for my project but when I enabled the bitcode size of binary created goes up to 700 MB for the WebRTC file.
I use lipo -info to check the architecture of the file but only one arm64 exists.
I know in recent webrtc min requirement is ios 12, and 32-bit architecture was removed
but why the file size is huge for one architecture?
I use build_ios_libs.py --bitcode to build the xcframework file.
every time I run bitcode enable on a real device it takes a long time to copy the framework to the device.
I see in this repo he created a small file size binary with bitcode enabled.
How can I create like above link?

Hamed Hosseini

Jul 28, 2021, 12:49:24 AM (6 days ago) Jul 28
to discuss-webrtc

I can't understand why nobody answered this question. it's the basic and fundamental question and must place on the instruction in the document page but no one explained it!.

Medusa Development

Jul 28, 2021, 5:50:03 AM (6 days ago) Jul 28
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
-- did you compare the bitcode size to the non bitcode size of your builds?
-- did you compile without debug or debug symbols?

--

---