PSA: RTP data channels are now gone from both Chrome and C++ APIs

Harald Alvestrand

Apr 15, 2021, 7:23:28 AM4/15/21
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
As per the notice on Blink-Dev (thread: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/7XWZ-J7HZHw) and the Chromestatus entry (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=928706), this has been slated for removal for a very long time.

As of Chrome M90, datachannels were made unavailable in Chrome.
As of today (code on the M91 branch), they are also not possible to request through the C++ interface.

This change will lead to significant code cleanups, and we should congratulate everyone who made it possible to get this done.

Harald

Olle E. Johansson

Apr 15, 2021, 7:50:52 AM4/15/21
to 'Philipp Hancke' via discuss-webrtc
You do mean “RTP Data channels” as mentioned in the linked document, I guess.
Got quite a surprise there first :-)

/O