link errors after building for macOS

Taylor Holliday

Apr 25, 2024, 7:13:57 AMApr 25
to discuss-webrtc
Hello :)

We've managed to build successfully for iOS, but getting some link errors on macOS when linking our app, for symbols I think should be available (i.e. not iOS-only API):

Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCAudioTrack
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCCallbackLogger
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCCameraVideoCapturer
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCConfiguration
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCDataBuffer
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCDataChannel
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCDataChannelConfiguration
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCDefaultVideoDecoderFactory
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCDefaultVideoEncoderFactory
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCIceCandidate
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCIceServer
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCMTLNSVideoView
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCMediaConstraints
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCPeerConnection
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCPeerConnectionFactory
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCSessionDescription
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCStatistics
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCStatisticsReport
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCVideoCapturer
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RTCVideoTrack
Undefined symbol: _RTCInitializeSSL
Undefined symbol: _RTCSetMinDebugLogLevel
Undefined symbol: _kRTCMediaConstraintsOfferToReceiveAudio
Undefined symbol: _kRTCMediaConstraintsOfferToReceiveVideo
Undefined symbol: _kRTCMediaConstraintsValueFalse
Undefined symbol: _kRTCMediaConstraintsValueTrue
Linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Here's what I'm using to build:

gn gen out/mac_x64 --args='target_os="mac" target_cpu="x64" is_component_build=false is_debug=false enable_stripping=true'
ninja -C out/mac_x64 mac_framework_objc

gn gen out/mac_arm64 --args='target_os="mac" target_cpu="arm64" is_component_build=false is_debug=false enable_stripping=true'
ninja -C out/mac_arm64 mac_framework_objc

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Anthony

May 3, 2024, 1:39:59 AMMay 3
to discuss-webrtc
I'm also facing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help resolving it.