WebRTC Turn Servers

Julian Ivanov

Sep 4, 2021, 8:36:03 AM9/4/21
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

I have the following issue. In my config on client side I have several turn servers which are spread around the world. My client is located in Germany and wants to connect to the server which is also in Germany. The connection is only possible through turn. However, webRTC gives higher priority to the ice server which is first in the list of servers (see screenshot). So in my case, the turn server located in Japan is taken before the turn server located in Germany. Is there a way webRTC also considers the latency and not just the order when prioritising ice servers and how would you advise to solve this situation?

Philipp Hancke

Sep 4, 2021, 8:46:37 AM9/4/21
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
this is typically solved by using latency-based DNS (e.g. amazons route53) for TURN.

--

---