EnumerateDevices issue with webView

Awais Iqbal

Nov 15, 2023, 2:39:49 AM11/15/23
to discuss-webrtc
Hello everyone,
  I am facing and issue after WebView Nov 10 2023 release. I was calling 'navigator.mediaDevices.enumerateDevices' to get device ids but its return an object with empty key values. Please see the attached sc. Thank you for you help

Screenshot 2023-11-15 095057.png

Henrik Andreasson

Nov 15, 2023, 3:51:05 AM11/15/23
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
My best guess is that your application is missing some required permission(s).

You get a similar result on desktop platforms if you block access to camera and microphone while enumerating.

--
This list falls under the WebRTC Code of Conduct - https://webrtc.org/support/code-of-conduct.
---

Awais Iqbal

Nov 15, 2023, 2:10:19 PM11/15/23
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Henrik,
   It seems that the issue started with the latest WebView version. Before this, only the label was missing in the 'enumerateDevices' method. After checking all permissions and successfully publishing the stream with both audio and video enabled, the problem became apparent. The root cause appears to be related to the fact that the local web pages loaded in the WebView are not served over HTTPS; instead, they are installed locally within the app's file system. This is likely causing the issue.
  Now, I'm looking for a workaround or hack to overcome this limitation and allow proper enumeration of devices in this specific scenario.

--

Awais Iqbal

Senior software engineer

OneScreen