relay candidates only when iceTransportPolicy == 'relay'

Alexander Abagian

Nov 16, 2022, 9:04:42 PM11/16/22
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

I faced very strange behaviour of Chrome ICE engine. When iceTransportPolicy is not 'relay', only 'host' candidates are available. No one binding request to TURN server is seen.
But if iceTransportPolicy == 'relay', then relay candidates arrive immediately. Would be glad to see any suggestions.

Philipp Hancke

Nov 17, 2022, 2:20:13 AM11/17/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
libwebrtc stops gathering relay candidates if it manages to find a writable candidate pair which may explain what you're seeing.

--

---

Alexander Abagian

Nov 17, 2022, 5:08:18 PM11/17/22
to discuss-webrtc
Thanks. Under "writable candidate pair" you mean a pair including local candidate that has received BInding Success Response from remote ?
And can I force generating relay (and srflx - they missed too) candidates in such cases without ICE restart with 'relay' on ?

четверг, 17 ноября 2022 г. в 10:20:13 UTC+3, philipp...@googlemail.com:

Philipp Hancke

Nov 18, 2022, 11:23:24 AM11/18/22
Am Do., 17. Nov. 2022 um 23:08 Uhr schrieb Alexander Abagian <aaba...@gmail.com>:
Thanks. Under "writable candidate pair" you mean a pair including local candidate that has received BInding Success Response from remote ?

yes.

And can I force generating relay (and srflx - they missed too) candidates in such cases without ICE restart with 'relay' on ?

No. IMO that is a pretty bad way to implement ICE since you can't know if TURN would have worked as fallback but...