How to exclude the Openssl logic at webrtc source code ?

zhao...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2022, 5:17:01 PM (8 days ago) Sep 22
to discuss-webrtc
I am trying to develop my linux app. which utilizes webrtc's data channel via static library : libwebrtc.a

At my app. , it contains my own websocket implementation which has nothing to do with webrtc or boringssl.
( It is based on Openssl )

Unfortunatly , my  app. got segment fault once it tried to establish websocket connection :

(openssl_key_pair.cc:40): Making key pair
(openssl_key_pair.cc:93): Returning key pair
(boringssl_certificate.cc:189): Making certificate for WebRTC
(boringssl_certificate.cc:245): Returning certificate
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I am still trying to figure out what the above modules are and how come my own websocket implementation gets involved with webrtc's library.

Is it possible to get rid of these modules ? Are they needed for data channel ? ( I only need data channel from webrtc ,no audio or video )

Regards !

Sean DuBois

Sep 22, 2022, 6:05:37 PM (8 days ago) Sep 22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

--

---

Philipp Hancke

Sep 23, 2022, 1:18:16 AM (7 days ago) Sep 23
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Configuring the build with
rtc_build_ssl=false
rtc_ssl_root=\"/usr/include\""
via gn should do the trick. Note that this isn't the most tested path so might bump into issues like

V I

Sep 23, 2022, 4:02:11 AM (7 days ago) Sep 23
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
A libwebrtc rule of thumb: if it's not how it's built for Chrome, it's broken. Pointing other libs to libwebrtc's BoringSSL (which is still pretty much identical to OpenSSL it was forked from API-wise) worked the best for me