PSA: WebRTC M92 Release Notes

Huib Kleinhout

Jul 6, 2021, 3:08:41 PM7/6/21
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

WebRTC M92 Release Notes

Branch: WebRTC M92 branch

Summary

WebRTC M92, currently available in Chrome's beta channel, contains 5 new features and over 33 bug fixes, enhancements and stability/performance improvements. As with previous releases, we encourage all developers to run versions of Chrome on the Canary, Dev, and Beta channels frequently and quickly report any issues found. Please take a look at this page, for some pointers on how to file a good bug report. The help we have received has been invaluable!

The Chrome release schedule can be found here

Features and Bugfixes

Type

Issue

Description

Component

Bug

http://crbug.com/1121454

Audio issue when SSRC is changed by WebRTC Gateway

Blink>WebRTC

Bug

http://crbug.com/1197210

Windows No mouse cursor displayed when connecting to an M91 host

Services>Chromoting

Bug

http://crbug.com/1203206

WebRTC / LibvpxVp8Encoder: Frames are dropped if I420A is converted to I420 when downscaled

Blink>WebRTC>Video

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/10208

Unified Plan does not support two BUNDLEs

PeerConnection

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/11229

Dropped frames stats not counting all dropped frames

Video

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/11713

RTP header extension encryption is broken

Network>RTP

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/11760

Create a WebRTC field trial to roll out the new window capturer implementation

DesktopCapture

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12238

RTCPeerConnection Create function should return an error code

PeerConnection

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12258

"Default receive stream" may be created for SSRC right after removing explicit receive stream

Network>RTP,Video

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12550

Add conceptual documentation for ICETransport

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12551

Add conceptual documentation for DTLSTransport

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12552

Add conceptual documentation for SctpTransport

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12558

Add conceptual documentation for Video - Video Coding (encoding/decoding, Simulcast/SVC)

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12563

Add conceptual documentation for Video - Video stats (/video folder)

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12564

Add conceptual documentation for Video - Adaptation (/video folder)

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12565

Add conceptual documentation for Pacing buffer

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12567

Add conceptual documentation for Audio - Audio coding

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12568

Add conceptual documentation for Audio - NetEq

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12570

Add conceptual documentation for Audio - Mixer

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12571

Add conceptual documentation for Audio - Audio engine

Documentation

Feature

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12575

add --start_timestamp and --stop_timestamp to video_replay

Tools

Feature

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12609

Android SDK Expose API allowing to implement perfect negotiation algorithm.

PeerConnection

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12654

WgcCapturerWin doesn't set the top_left property of the output DesktopFrames

DesktopCapture

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12658

Several RTCRemoteInboundRtpStreamStats members are listed twice due to new hierarchy

Stats

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12662

FrameCombiner::Combine is inefficient due to AudioFrame accessors in hot loops

Audio

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12663

WgcCapturerWin doesn't work when device index is provided instead of an HMONITOR

DesktopCapture

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12664

WgcCapturerWin does not bring captured windows into focus

DesktopCapture

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12666

SdpOfferAnswerHandler::ssrc_generator_ used from multiple threads

PeerConnection

Feature

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12674

Add conceptual documentation for API

Documentation

Feature

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12675

Add conceptual documentation for PC level test framework

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12679

WgcCapturerWin should exclude windows with the WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW style

DesktopCapture

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12686

AEC3: Loss of transparency due to onset compensation of ERLE.

Audio

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12705

Last Mutex in BaseChannel can be removed

Perf

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12720

AV1 svc assertion if targetbitrate is not specified

Video

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12727

Refactor the PlatformThread

Internals

Feature

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12738

Add conceptual documentation for PeerConnection - overall structure

Documentation

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/6625

Remove code for RTP data channels