PSA: Plan B throwing in Stable and Extended Deprecation Trial End Date

Henrik Boström

Nov 22, 2021, 4:33:37 AM11/22/21
to discuss-webrtc
As previously announced, Plan B will throw an exception in M96 Stable. We are rolling out the exception-throwing gradually.

Plan B usage in Chrome is now a fraction of a percentage of WebRTC usage and there is a clear trend down. Still, in order to assist the last remaining Plan B users, we have extended the End Date of the Deprecation Trial to May 25, 2022.

Please note that if you have previously registered for the Deprecation Trial - which originally had an End Date of December 29 - and you would like to get the new End Date of May 25, you will need to generate and deploy a new OT token.

Henrik Boström

Dec 9, 2021, 7:18:40 AM12/9/21
to discuss-webrtc
Update: Plan B is throwing an exception on M96 Stable and this behavior is now ENABLED_BY_DEFAULT on tip of tree.