Submitting a patch that changes an interface used by Chromium

Stefan Mitic

Oct 9, 2021, 1:25:11 PM10/9/21
to discuss-webrtc
We are working on a patch for WebRTC that changes an interface that is used by Chromium. Of course, there is an accompanying patch for Chromium that implements the required methods.

What is bothering me is this line from the official WebRTC docs about testing:
" When you submit a patch to webrtc, it will first run in the WebRTC waterfall to ensure you change is sound on the library level. When we roll the WebRTC version in Chrome (which normally happens daily) you change will be tested against all the WebRTC-in-Chrome tests to ensure the change is OK. If your change breaks something on some level, it will be reverted and you’ll get a chance to fix and re-submit."

What would the right approach to submitting these patches be to avoid getting into any problems?