How to ask browser not to offer ICE candidates of specific kinds?

davidsw...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2022, 7:10:37 PMJan 4
to discuss-webrtc
Is there a browser api to request that IPv6 and local-only IPv4 ICE candidates be excluded from the offer SDP?

I believe that some browsers might stop gathering candidates after reaching a threshold, which can result in offering only unusable candidates. If true, that would mean that even SDP-munging couldn't fix this problem.

Alexander Abagian

Jan 8, 2022, 2:25:37 PM (12 days ago) Jan 8
to discuss-webrtc
As to Chromium IPv6, there's an undocumented option for RTCPeerConnection constrants :

peerConnectionConstraints:
    optional: [
        { googIPv6: false }
    ];

For local-only candidates, you could filter them in onicecandidate(). Their gathering shouldn't add any sensitive delay.

среда, 5 января 2022 г. в 03:10:37 UTC+3, davidsw...@gmail.com:

Yuan Ho

Jan 11, 2022, 10:15:57 PM (9 days ago) Jan 11
to discuss-webrtc
I have similar problem. For some users, the local candidates only contain useless local host candidates. Neither srflx nor relay candidates are seen. I have no clue.

David P

Jan 11, 2022, 11:31:40 PM (9 days ago) Jan 11
to discuss-webrtc
On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 4:16 PM Yuan Ho <tian...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have similar problem. For some users, the local candidates only contain useless local host candidates. Neither srflx nor relay candidates are seen. I have no clue.

We have used both self-hosted coturn and a major vendor's managed TURN service, and we found that neither provides a way to review in the TURN server whether it received a request from our test page, or if it did, what it did in response.

Two bits of advice that have been helpful:

1) If you can arrange to use a Linux device at the client side, set its OS-level TTL property above 70. This determines how many router hops you are asking routers to permit enroute to the TURN server. We found this needs to be higher in the EU than the US, but it's not controllable from the browser's js api and merely helps reveal if the problem is due to hop count. If this is the problem, try to put one of your service endpoints nearer to the users in this location.

2) Some TURN servers seem to ignore options in your iceServers beyond a certain number, seemingly beyond four. So be sure that your preferred options are among the first four. It might even help to delete all but 1-4.