Simplified session negotiation..

MediaWiz

Jun 6, 2022, 2:49:49 PMJun 6
to discuss-webrtc
I'm creating a WebRTC server to support a very simple configuration, as follows:

- The WebRTC connection is only needed to be "half-duplex" (a media stream from the client to the server).

- The WebRTC server has a fixed public IP that the client can connect directly to.  There is no need (thus far) for the server to connect back to the client.

As such, I am thinking that I don't need to use the full "Ice Negotiation" process.  I just need the client to pass the SD for the desired media configuration to the server (and the server to perhaps reply).

Does anyone know of an example or documentation for a simplified connection process?

Dhimant Bhayani

Jun 6, 2022, 3:38:55 PMJun 6
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Russ,

Are you trying to do one way publishing via WebRTC?

Best,

Dhimant

--

---

MediaWiz

Jun 6, 2022, 4:43:18 PMJun 6
to discuss-webrtc
Yes, I am trying to do one way streaming from client to server via WebRTC.

Dhimant Bhayani

Jun 6, 2022, 5:58:46 PMJun 6
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Sent you a private email.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 6, 2022, at 1:43 PM, MediaWiz <russ....@tonal.com> wrote:

Yes, I am trying to do one way streaming from client to server via WebRTC.

Philipp Hancke

Jun 7, 2022, 12:44:32 AMJun 7
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-wish-whip-01.html is probably what you are looking for. You will still need a response from the server.

李德平

Jun 7, 2022, 2:03:32 PMJun 7
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
In your case , its ice-lite(https://bloggeek.me/webrtcglossary/ice-lite/), media server to only answer incoming STUN binding requests and acting as a controlled entity,  you can make peerconnection's stun&turn server configure param null, only send sdp without  ice candidate,  and webrtc server response answer sdp with its public ice candidate.