Bytes received not updating and Peer connection not disconnected.

AJI N

May 21, 2023, 9:24:47 AM5/21/23
to discuss-webrtc
Hi All,
We are experiencing issues with our video conference system. When a user joins from a specific network, their video and audio transmission become stuck after some time. Upon investigation using the webrtc-internals tool in Google Chrome, we observed that no bytes were received. However, the peer connection remains active, and we noticed some packet sending within the same connection's inbound-rtp session.

Interestingly, if the user changes their network and refreshes the application, the system works fine. We have also implemented TURN and STUN servers.

The problem seems to lie in the video and audio data not being received, despite the peer connection functioning properly. Any insights on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Jozsef Vass

May 24, 2023, 10:12:50 AM5/24/23
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
We also noticed similar behavior that certain routers just shut down inbound UDP connection (even some popular ones). In our Desktop client, we recycle UDP connection every minute, without loss of any audio/video packet. Not sure whether you can do the same in the browser.

Jozsef

--

---