C++ Leaking on Windows

James Inkster

Jan 10, 2022, 7:09:03 PMJan 10
to discuss-webrtc
We've been seeing leaks via CRT debugging in our application (which uses M95, same results with M97 tho).

We've reproduced them with the peerconnection_client example, which seemingly proves the leaks are coming from the library and not our own code.

This can be seen by:
1. apply the attached patch (CRT flags) to the examples code
2. build in debug
3. run the peerconnection_client example (with or without windbg connected)
4. shutdown the example

This should show several leaks.
I've attached the output, and the very small patch.

Any help greatly appreciated!
james
leakdetection.patch
memoryleak.log.txt

James Inkster

Feb 9, 2022, 3:46:47 PMFeb 9
to discuss-webrtc
Ping... has anyone had a chance to try this out/confirm our findings?

Otherwise, any tips on how we might proceed? Worthy of filing a bug?

Thanks