Adjust the sending frequency of rtcp rr packets or not send this packet when mute

王鹏

May 31, 2023, 4:23:32 AM5/31/23
to discuss-webrtc
When muted, I found that the sending frequency of rtcp rr packets is too high. I want to reduce the sending frequency or even not send them. What modifications do I need or where do I need to modify the source code

Harald Alvestrand

May 31, 2023, 4:24:42 AM5/31/23
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
What is your definition of "too high"?
Audio, video or both?

--

---

王鹏

May 31, 2023, 8:52:35 AM5/31/23
to discuss-webrtc
Only audio, with a time range of around 2-7 seconds. If on a mobile phone, it is quite power consuming, and this rr packet usually only contains timestamp information without any additional useful information. I feel that there is no need to transmit it at all. If it is not muted, it can be transmitted again