PSA: Enabling DcSCTP in Chrome M95

Florent Castelli

Sep 9, 2021, 9:48:34 AM9/9/21
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

Starting with Chrome M95 for the Canary and Dev channels, we’re going to start to rollout the DcSCTP library for the SCTP transport used by WebRTC’s Data Channels.

It is a new implementation with a focus on security and compatibility with the previous implementation. No action should be required on your part and the transition should be transparent for users. Please have a look at the previous PSA for more information.

To force enable the feature in Chrome, use the command line flag --force-fieldtrials="WebRTC-DataChannel-Dcsctp/Enabled/“, and --force-fieldtrials="WebRTC-DataChannel-Dcsctp/Disabled/" to force disable it and revert to the previous implementation.

If the rollout doesn’t reveal any issue in Canary, we will extend it in a few weeks to the Beta channel and then have a progresive rollout to Stable.

Please report issues you encounter to the bug tracker: crbug.com/1243702.