Understanding how to implement it

Adi Gonen

Sep 10, 2022, 8:20:02 AMSep 10
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,
I used the tutorial and implemented my android's webrtc application using org.webrtc:google-webrtc:1.0.32006 which I thought was the latest one. I figured it was no longer maintained.
but while looking for fixes for some issues I came across the chromium site and it looks like its really active.
I really hope it can improve my app stability and performance. But how do I use it in my project? Is that even a possibility?

My biggest issue at the moment is that if peerConnection.addTrack is called and then the service is stopped, once the device enter sleep mode it crashes the devices services. I tried to remove the track manually, but it didn't seem to help.

Would appreciate any help!

Neil Young

Sep 10, 2022, 1:18:15 PMSep 10
to discuss-webrtc
You will have to compile your own libwebrtc from source. How this can be achieved is pretty nicely summarized here https://medium.com/@abdularis/how-to-compile-native-webrtc-from-source-for-android-d0bac8e4c933

Please especially note the remarks regarding the "new" release namings.

Release notes here

I did it in a 20.04 VM. Works like a charm.

Neil Young

Sep 10, 2022, 1:19:00 PMSep 10
to discuss-webrtc
Forget the link to the release notes:

https://webrtc.googlesource.com/src/+/refs/heads/main/docs/release-notes.md

And the result is a "libwebrtc.aar", of course

Adi Gonen

Sep 14, 2022, 4:10:32 AMSep 14
to discuss-webrtc
Thank you so much!