PSA: a=ssrc:nnn label and a=ssrc:nnn mslabel are gone

Harald Alvestrand

Apr 28, 2022, 3:00:19 AMApr 28
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
A leftover from proposals considered very long ago, the SDP we produce has had these fields for many years. They were not acted on in any way when present in incoming SDP.

We have now stopped producing them in head-of-tree WebRTC.
The a=ssrc:nnn msid= remains in Plan B SDP.

Harald

Roman Shpount

Apr 30, 2022, 2:05:37 AMApr 30
to discuss-webrtc
Is there a Chrome bug that tracks this?

Roman

Philipp Hancke

Apr 30, 2022, 2:06:56 AMApr 30
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

--

---

Roman Shpount

Apr 30, 2022, 2:21:03 AMApr 30
to discuss-webrtc
Thank you!

As far as I can see, "a=ssrc:xxx cname:yyy " is still there with Plan Unified.
Also, Chrome generates "a=ssrc:XXX msid:yyy zzz" for backward compatibility even with Plan Unified.

Is any of that going to change?

Roman