Redundant TCP connections connecting to Turn

meron.elpaz rbbn

Jul 14, 2021, 2:12:45 PM7/14/21
to discuss-webrtc
Hello,

Our solution contains a Turn server for media relay. I'm doing some analysis and found a weird behavior where I get multiple Turn TCP connections created from my WebRTC client to the Turn server, though I expected to see only a single one. This affects our scalability considerations for TCP ports per call.

please help me understand this issue further

We are using audio call only (single m-line), with a single Turn server and rtcpMuxPolicy is require - I see 3 TCP connection to our Turn server, only one of this connections contain Application Data which I expect to be the Allocation request/response

I'm attaching the following:
1. webrtc-internals dump (second call is the relevant call)
2. Wireshark trace taken on my device

you can see in the trace the following:
  • Turn IP is 185.70.192.19, client IP is 192.168.2.4
  • packets 8/9/10 are SYN request packets to establish a TCP connection. only the packet 9 (port 52238) will contain Allocation request later down the trace, the others are idle
Thanks a lot

webrtc_internals_dump.txt

meron.elpaz rbbn

Jul 14, 2021, 3:04:44 PM7/14/21