AV1 Video codec bitrate parameter

rajus...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2021, 9:13:58 AM8/20/21
to discuss-webrtc

Hi,

I am trying to check the feasibility of using the AV1 Video codec in my product replacing VP8.

For VP8, we usually go with x-google-max-bitrate, x-google-min-bitrate, x-google-start-bitrate for handling the bitrate of video codec.

Alternative Reference :
The above link suggests the use of max-br parameter for AV1

My question, do we need to use the same VP8 bitrate parameters for AV1 as well ?
Which parameter is supported in webrtc library ?

Thanks,
Nagaraju Samudrala

曾杰

Jun 19, 2022, 6:22:39 PM6/19/22
to discuss-webrtc
I have this problem too. I'm using RTCRtpSendParameters.encoding.maxbitrate to limit the bandwidth usage, but it can't work

曾杰

Jul 11, 2022, 2:45:26 AM7/11/22
to discuss-webrtc

x-google-max-bitrate worked for this.