WebRTC M107 Release Notes

Harald Alvestrand

Oct 17, 2022, 5:07:49 AM10/17/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

WebRTC M107 Release Notes

Branch: WebRTC M107 branch

Summary

WebRTC M107, currently available in Chrome's beta channel, contains 9 new features and over 22 bug fixes, enhancements and stability/performance improvements. We encourage all developers to run versions of Chrome on the Canary, Dev, and Beta channels frequently and quickly report any issues found. Please take a look at this page, for some pointers on how to file a good bug report. The help we have received has been invaluable!

Note that the WebRTC release notes only cover WebRTC specific changes. Build, test and trivial code changes are not included. Follow the Chromium and Chrome releases blog for further updates on important changes in Chrome releases.

We strongly recommend WebRTC developers to fully test their services in Chrome beta to ensure stability for end-users.

The Chrome release schedule can be found here

Features and Bugfixes

Type

Issue

Description

Component

Bug

http://crbug.com/1329660

Chrome Remote Desktop Support I444 video format in AV1

Services>Chromoting

Bug

http://crbug.com/1357994

Delete WebRTC.PeerConnection.SdpSemanticNegotiated

Blink>WebRTC>PeerConnection

Feature

http://bugs.webrtc.org/10739

Add support for the abs-capture-time header extension.

Network>RTP

Feature

http://bugs.webrtc.org/11769

Add new parameter for H.264

Video

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/11988

Remove use of MessageHandlerAutoCleanup

undefined

Feature

http://bugs.webrtc.org/12339

Remove AsyncInvoker

undefined

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/14265

AV in the webrtc::BlankDetectorDesktopCapturerWrapper::OnCaptureResult

DesktopCapture

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/14277

Data sent in wrong datachannel when datachannels are rapidly created and closed

DataChannel

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/14366

Switch rtc::Event to Timestamp instead of raw integers

Cleanup

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/14414

We create waaay too many RTCCodecStats objects

Stats

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/14416

Consider making RTCStats IDs shorter to reduce overhead of string copies

Stats

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/14425

Modern and legacy getStats don't agree on STUN ping metrics - what is right?

Stats

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/14433

Add loongarch architecture  support

Build

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/5768

Changing remote DTLS fingerprint still does not work

Network

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/8324

RTC::MessageQueue shouldn't use nullptr for Dispose.

Network

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/11988

Remove use of MessageHandlerAutoCleanup

undefined

Bug

http://crbug.com/1329660

Chrome Remote Desktop Support I444 video format in AV1

Services>Chromoting

Bug

http://bugs.webrtc.org/14163

candidate stats appear only after a remote candidate has been added

Stats

Bug

http://crbug.com/1358278

Media Picker Reordering - Tracking Bug

Blink>GetDisplayMedia

Bug

http://crbug.com/1357994

Delete WebRTC.PeerConnection.SdpSemanticNegotiated

Blink>WebRTC>PeerConnection

Bug

http://crbug.com/1355760

WebRTC.Audio.ReceiverDelayEstimateMs is not reported in UMA dashboard

Blink>WebRTC>Audio

Bug

http://crbug.com/1347309

RTCPeerConnection getConfiguration() and setConfiguration is not functioning with WebRTC Encoded Transform

Blink>WebRTC>PeerConnection

Feature

http://crbug.com/1344603

webrtc-internals should give an indication of what sendEncodings were passed

Blink>WebRTC>Tools

Feature

http://crbug.com/1337019

Implement and ship DisplayMediaStreamConstraints.surfaceSwitching

Blink>GetDisplayMedia

Bug

http://crbug.com/1336323

Region Capture Resolve Promises promptly even if track muted

Blink>GetDisplayMedia>RegionCapture

Feature

http://crbug.com/1329129

Implement and ship DisplayMediaStreamConstraints.systemAudio

Blink>GetDisplayMedia

Feature

http://crbug.com/1323787

Region Capture Support crop tokens on all Element types

Blink>GetDisplayMedia>RegionCapture,Internals>Media>SurfaceCapture

Bug

http://crbug.com/1266378

Region Capture cropTo() Promises aren't fully functional

Blink>GetDisplayMedia>RegionCapture

Feature

http://crbug.com/1254710

Share-this-tab-intead - Tracking Bug

Blink>GetDisplayMedia

Bug

http://crbug.com/1247761

Region Capture - API for Cropping Self-Capture Video Tracks - Tracking Bug

Blink>GetDisplayMedia

Feature

http://crbug.com/1224912

Preferred Display-Surface - Tracking Bug

Blink>GetDisplayMedia