PSA: WebRTC M91 Release Notes

Huib Kleinhout

May 14, 2021, 5:03:26 AM5/14/21
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

WebRTC M91 Release Notes

WebRTC M91 branch (cut at 3e0c60ba4ef28a9f26fe991e5eec3150402c7dd3)

Summary

WebRTC M91, currently available in Chrome's beta channel, contains over 31 bug fixes, enhancements and stability/performance improvements. As with previous releases, we encourage all developers to run versions of Chrome on the Canary, Dev, and Beta channels frequently and quickly report any issues found. Please take a look at this page, for some pointers on how to file a good bug report. The help we have received has been invaluable!

The Chrome release schedule can be found here.

PSAs

PSA: RTP data channels are now gone from both Chrome and C++ APIs

See the announcement on discuss-webrtc

Features and Bugfixes

Type

Issue

Description

Component

Bug

1044875

standalone ice transport emits candidates with a component 0 / null

Blink>WebRTC>Network

Bug

1144646

NAT Slipstream: Overlong usernames in TURN credentials

Blink>WebRTC>Network

Feature

1157072

[macOS Capture] Perform HW downscale of frames inside the capturer prior to WebRTC delivery

Blink>WebRTC>Video,Internals>Media>CameraCapture

Bug

1179020

RTCVideoEncoder only partially sets EncoderInfo fields in M90 macos

Blink>WebRTC>Video,Internals>GPU>Video

Bug

1182354

datachannel onclose is not received and/or onmessage is emitted in closed state

Blink>WebRTC>PeerConnection

Bug

1188398

Simulcast RID information gets removed on concurrent local and remote offers

Blink>WebRTC>PeerConnection

Bug

1195144

Friend can't see me on Hangout - Octopus(Dorp), Kasumi360, Sona

Blink>WebRTC,Platform>Apps>Hangouts

Bug

968203

candidate stats don't have address property, just ip. Needs rename

Blink>WebRTC>PeerConnection

Bug

11229

Dropped frames stats not counting all dropped frames

Video

Bug

12383

Collect stats on bundle usage

Blink>WebRTC>PeerConnection

Bug

12469

Avoid unnecessary downscales

Video

Bug

12489

PeerConnection::LookupDtlsTransportByMid calls transport on incorrect thread

Bug

12490

WgcCaptureSession does not support portrait oriented displays

DesktopCapture

Bug

12495

kSctpMtu is off by 9 bytes

Bug

12497

TURN ports should be restricted to not allow unbridled port numbers

Network

Bug

12499

Populate "frames" stats for video source

Stats

Bug

12506

Populate "fractionLost" stats for remote inbound streams

Stats

Bug

12507

Populate "totalRoundTripTime" and "roundTripTimeMeasurements" for remote inbound streams

Stats

Bug

12516

SDP parser does not check MID values properly

PeerConnection

Bug

12530

"Padding was set, but padding size is zero" for RED encapsulted video stream.

Network>RTP

Bug

12537

Port 80 Exception List

Network

Bug

12574

PeerConnectionIntegrationTestUnifiedPlan.RenegotiateManyVideoTransceivers test is flaky on android64

PeerConnection

Bug

12581

STUN, TURN, ICE, DTLS-SRTP to port 53,80,443 UDP and TCP

Bug

12587

DataChannelIntegrationTest/DataChannelIntegrationTest.EndToEndCallWithSctpDataChannelHarmfulMtu is flaky on Win

PeerConnection

Feature

12594

Add a new RTP header extension for webrtc::VideoFrame::id propagation

Perf>Video

Bug

12595

NV12 frame entry causing I420 conversion and scaling

Perf>Video

Bug

12596

DefaultTemporalLayers::NextFrameConfig consuming 3%/CPU

undefined

Bug

12606

video gets delayed when there is a bandwidth restriction

Network

Feature

12630

Add a new analyzer video injector.

Bug

12633

SdpOfferAnswerHandler may unnecessarily run tasks after Close() has been called

Bug

12635

has_transport' check in SdpOfferAnswerHandler::ReadyToUseRemoteCandidate broken