PeerConnectionState: closed vs disconnected

James Inkster

Apr 7, 2022, 5:12:03 PM4/7/22
to discuss-webrtc
Can anyone please help me understand the differences between these two?
(Note: I'm *not* talking about the Ice state...)

I am currently handling a lot of my UI cleanup, etc, when I receive the closed state, and I am unable to fully understand when I will get 'disconnected.'
If i get 'disconnected' will I also get closed??

Thanks

Artiom Khachaturian

Nov 22, 2022, 5:32:37 AM11/22/22
to discuss-webrtc
'disconnected' means that current ice-candidate was disconnected (maybe due network issues), but WebRTC is able switch to another ice-candidate (if any) for connection recovering