gn error when generating build scripts for webrtc m84

Amol Umrale

Jan 8, 2021, 1:46:06 PM1/8/21
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

I have checked out the webrtc sources from the googlesources repo using the chromium depot fetch tool. I'm trying to generate the build scripts on the m84 (chromium 4147) branch using
> gn gen out/ios_64 --args='target_os="ios" target_cpu="arm64"'
But, I get the following error:

ERROR at //BUILD.gn:413:12: Unsupported value in libs.
  libs = [ "Foundation.framework" ]
           ^---------------------
Use frameworks to list framework dependencies.
<<

On the master branch, there is no such error.
Upon, looking through the gn scripts on the master branch, I see that the "libs" syntax has been changed to "frameworks".
So, how do you build an older branch like m84? There are a lot of such "libs" statements in many gn scripts. It would be a lot of effort to edit them all.

Thanks,
Amol.

Dave Arndt

Aug 12, 2021, 6:22:24 PM8/12/21
to discuss-webrtc
Did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm having the same kind of problem.  Newbie to Ninja and WebRTC.   Would love to get the build working!

Thanks in advance ....

Diego Perez Botero

Sep 10, 2021, 3:52:53 AM9/10/21
to discuss-webrtc
I ran into this same issue and it was resolved after I did "gclient sync -D -r branch-heads/4147" (replace "branch-heads/4147" with the specific release's branch).

I hope this helps!

P.S. Make sure that you have the Prerequisite Software | WebRTC

Ruibin Chow

Nov 7, 2021, 5:24:21 AM11/7/21
to discuss-webrtc
I'm also having the same kind of problem. did you solve it??