Candidates gathering on IPv6-only devices

Alexandre Storelli

Aug 5, 2022, 12:53:55 PM (9 days ago) Aug 5
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,
on a IPv6-only device, I play on the WebRTC trickle test page https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/peerconnection/trickle-ice/ and only see mDNS candidates by default. When I enable microphone permissions, I see proper IPv6 host candidates. Tested on Chrome and Firefox.

I thought the privacy measures to hide IPs only applied to local IPv4s (replacing them with mDNS). It appears it applies as well to public IPv6s. Is it correct?

Note I ask this in a context where WebRTC is used for the datachannels and requesting microphone permissions is undesired.
Thanks

Philipp Hancke

Aug 6, 2022, 5:13:11 AM (8 days ago) Aug 6
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
you're probably hitting another example of https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1024320

--

---