peerconnection::AddStream

najnar83

Jan 31, 2012, 9:59:58 AM1/31/12
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

I was wondering if the chrome dev stream browser implementation
supports multiple AddStream calls to the peerconnection. Each
addstream call would represent a different destination point. The
intention is to stream a single audio/video stream to many
destinations.

thanks.

Xasima

Jan 31, 2012, 11:19:19 AM1/31/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Sorry. It seems for me that each PeerConnection has a unique sessionId, so you can bind instead a single audio/video stream to multiple peerConnections (just by addStream(localStream) to all of them).
The next question if current Canary allows to work with multiple  peerConnections objects on the page.
--
Best regards,
     ~ Xasima ~

Punyabrata Ray

Jan 31, 2012, 1:45:44 PM1/31/12
to discuss-webrtc
Xasima is correct in that each PeerConnection has a unique sessionID
therefore
one may bind a single audio/video stream to multiple peerConnections.

But the current release does not support multiple peerConnections.

On Jan 31, 8:19 am, Xasima <xas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry. It seems for me that each PeerConnection has a unique sessionId, so
> you can bind instead a single audio/video stream to multiple
> peerConnections (just by addStream(localStream) to all of them).
> The next question if current Canary allows to work with multiple
>  peerConnections objects on the page.

najnar83

Jan 31, 2012, 7:09:06 PM1/31/12
to discuss-webrtc
thank you all.

Xasima

Feb 15, 2012, 2:09:35 PM2/15/12
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Punyabrata Ray <punya...@webrtc.org> wrote:
Xasima is correct in that each PeerConnection has a unique sessionID
therefore
one may bind a single audio/video stream to multiple peerConnections.

But the current release does not support multiple peerConnections.

Hello, I have rewrite a server, that perform some caller ID assignments, as well as performing handshake's transfers (SDP OFFER, ANSWER, OK ).
I have rewritten a client side to be able to handle a list of peerConnections and pick up a proper one when handshake occurs.
1 to 1 communications plays fine (both on the single computer, and on separate machines. Used 19.0.1042.0 canary on Mac 2 Mac, Mac 2 Ubuntu, Mac 2 Win7).

When I'm trying to add a new participant (1 to 1+1 video sharing) to the existing call, a new peerConnection is created, but onSignalingMessage is never fired.

 pcL[peer].conn = new webkitPeerConnection("STUN stun.l.google.com:19302",
      function(msg){onSignalingMessage(peer, msg);});

So the waiting peer can't receive any SDP answer.

Is it my fault, or multiple peerConnection support is still in progress?