Not able to see remote video rendering in webRTC android app

VenuMadhavi

Dec 8, 2021, 7:36:37 AM12/8/21
to discuss-webrtc

Hi All,

While testing the video calling functionality between chrome(https://appr.tc) and android webRTC app, observed that the remote video is not getting rendered. Here, desktop chrome browser and android device app are running on different networks.

Just to add to this, Android app was built by using the sample code from "examples/androidapp/" dir of webRTC source code ( i.e., created customized libjingle_peerconnection_so.so using ninja commands and linked this library to the application code ).

By debugging in Android studio, we captured below mentioned information:

  1. local and remote sdp ,Offer and Answer got created successfully
    2. icecandidate status showing connected
    3. Able to see the local video rendering both at android app and chrome(appr.tc) side but getting remote video as black screen.

By checking suggestion from forums for similar problems, it looks like RTCPeerConnection configurations were configured wrongly. My configurations are in the files attached( <PeerConnectionClient.java> and <RoomParameterfetcher.java>). Please have a look and suggest to get rid of black screen.

RoomParametersFetcher.java
PeerConnectionClient.java