Status of incoming RID/RRID-based RTX support in browsers

Brian Baldino

Dec 2, 2021, 6:34:27 PM12/2/21
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to take a look at using RID/RRID-based RTX from server->client and I'm wondering if the browsers have support for this.  I've tried poking around the libwebrtc code in chromium a bit, and I do see code here and here which will look up a sink by an RID, but these methods end up searching this map, which gets added to via AddSink, and there is an AddSink helper which takes an rsid, but from what I can tell that method isn't called anywhere.  Has anyone done rid based RTX to a browser?  If not, does mixing using the old ssrc group work, even if the client is using RIDs for simulcast on the send side?

-brian