Bug: ADM2 causes volume duck on Windows?

Elise Monaghan

Apr 13, 2021, 1:51:20 PM4/13/21
to discuss-webrtc
I'm injecting my own ADM2 into the CreatePeerConnectionFactory call on Windows. This causes the system volume to be lowered, despite ADM2 using the default device (not the default communication device). This behavior doesn't happen if I let the CreatePeerConnectionFactory use the default (i.e. old) ADM.

Is this a known issue?

Elise Monaghan

Apr 19, 2021, 6:45:04 PM4/19/21
to discuss-webrtc
Discovered the reason: ADM2 on Windows uses the webrtc core audio utility functions, which have hardcoded the stream type to be communications:

Updating this to AudioCategory_Other solves my problem.