RFC: use boringssl from libsrtp?

Joachim Bauch

Jan 28, 2015, 5:16:38 PM1/28/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

while profiling webrtc, I noticed quite a lot of (relative) cpu time is spent in srtp protect/unprotect. This mostly is due to the fact that libsrtp is using its own C implementations of AES and SHA-1. As libsrtp on GitHub (https://github.com/cisco/libsrtp) supports using OpenSSL (optimized with AES-NI and assembler implementations), it probably would make sense to also change that to BoringSSL in the libsrtp that is used by webrtc.

Is this already planned, and if not would you accept CLs for this? Where should they go?

Thanks and best regards,
  Joachim

Justin Uberti

Jan 30, 2015, 12:26:30 AM1/30/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

Justin Uberti

Jan 30, 2015, 12:27:01 AM1/30/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
We would of course welcome help on this.

Joachim Bauch

Jan 30, 2015, 4:11:22 AM1/30/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I somehow missed that :) Thanks for the reference, hopefully I'll find some time to take a look into integrating it...

Joachim Bauch

Jan 30, 2015, 7:42:30 PM1/30/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

Joachim Bauch