[iOS - arm64 Simulator] M96 - Gerrit 3186990, build fails, unable to find arm64 iOS Simulator CI jobs

Romain M.

Dec 4, 2021, 2:50:26 PM12/4/21
to discuss-webrtc
(This is a repost of a first text I sent a few weeks ago, not sure it worked, sorry for the duplicate).

Hello everyone.

My questions are about the build (of M96) for arm64 iOS Simulator, directly via ninja or via tools_webrtc/ios/build_ios_libs.py.

It appears I have to comment the block from https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/3186990/6/build/config/ios/BUILD.gn#129 to make it complete.

With this code, the operations fail because of undefined symbols for the arm64 architecture.
But, if I comment it entirely, it builds correctly.

I see in the patchset that all the tests run correctly, but if I am not mistaken, it seems they target the x64 iOS Simulator and not the arm64 one.
Patchset: https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/3186990
iOS Simulator tests: https://ci.chromium.org/ui/p/chromium/builders/try/ios-simulator/967846/overview

Furthermore, when looking at the CI console, it seems no arm64 simulator result is displayed.
CI Console: https://ci.chromium.org/p/webrtc/g/ci/console

My questions:
- I cannot find the arm64 iOS Simulator CI jobs, could you please help me locate them?
- I cannot build the iOS Simulator arm64 framework (bitcode enabled + Xcode's clang) with the block above uncommented, am I missing something?

I had a look at this discussion group, at gerrit and other ressources but could not find the answer, sorry if this is a duplicate.

Thank you very much for your help.

Romain.