Browser WebRTC Connection Slow

gongquan liu

Jul 30, 2022, 7:55:44 AM7/30/22
to discuss-webrtc
Hi Everyone,

Currently I am using AWS KVS webRTC for development. From webRTC internals, it seems that ice connection is pretty fast (Less than 2s). However, when I use KVS console browser to capture the time from starting viewer to seeing the 1st frame. I got inconsistent behavior from 3 sec to 10 sec. Usually when I refreshed the page, the first connection time is close to 10 sec.  I checked the network in developer tools and it seems that when it start rendering video, there is a web-socket activity from kinesis video channel. Here is what I try to learn

1. How to break down front end connection time or how to debug
2. How to reduce front end connection time.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Gongquan