Please find below Chrome 38 WebRTC release notes.-
Features (Chrome Specific) :-
- Issue 395614:- Added support for WebRTC connection to work under NTLM/Kerberos using the default credential without prompting the user.
- Issue 3282:- Added support for RTCOfferOptions for CreateOffer API. Constraints are still supported for CreateOffer but converted to RTCOfferOptions internally.
- Added support for wider range of sample rates. Specifically support for 24Khz audio sample rate has been added.
- Improved support for audio ducking on Windows (communication device).
Features (WebRTC Platform) :-
- Issue 2204:- Added support for encoding and decoding of TCP candidates as per RFC 6544.
- Issue 2419:- Added support for Opus built in Forward Error Correction (FEC). Use 'useinbandfec=1' as Opus parameter in SDP to activate it. AppRTC demo adds such SDP by default for both desktop and mobile unless one puts 'opusfec=false' in the URL.
- Issue 3131:- Optimized AEC for NEON, now we have better performance on ARMv7 NEON.
- Issue 1750:- Added support for 1080p video resolution with WebRTC. Now it's possible to encode and decode 1080p stream.
- Issue 3310:- Added support for multiple STUN servers in peerConnection.
Bugs (Chrome Specific):-
- Issue 381698:- Fixed problem in getUserMedia, 2 calls to getUserMedia with different frame-rate constraints was returning same streams.
- issue 410258 :- Reduced chances of audio glitches with WebRTC on Mac.
- Issue 3601:- Fixed problem, enabling TURN/TLS to work through proxies when DNS is blocked.
- Fixed issue with audio streams causing memory leak in CoreAudio on Mac.
- Fixed issue with getUserMedia failing due to "Invalid State.
Bugs (WebRTC Platform):-
- Issue 1775:- Fixed issue with ICE Role Conflict handling. Now we Re-evaluate the ICE role on ICE restart.
- Issue 3232:- Fixed problem, where relay candidates obtained from different TURN servers had same foundation and priority.
- Issue 1943:- Fixed problem with endless onicecandidate callback loop when no network interface is detected.
- Issue 2260:- Fixed issue in sdp generated by chrome. As per RFC 4566, the b-lines should appear before a-lines which was not the case earlier.
- Issue 2395:- Fixed problem, where we were not maintaining the order of m-lines in CreateOffer and CreateAnswer. Now the order in the offer follows the order in SetLocalDescription and the order in the answer follows the order in current offer.
- Issue 2628:- Fixed problem with addStream callback, which was not getting triggered for streams marked as a=sendonly.
- Issue 2868:- Fixed issue, now when creating answer, we take the codec preference from offer as per RFC 3264.
- Issue 3429:- Limited the SCTP send and receive buffer by bytes not packets. The new limit is 16MB for each buffer.
- Issue 3491:- Fixed issue with remote candidates pushed down too early during renegotiation.
- Issue 39112:- Fixed issue in VP8 denoiser, it was generating artifacts at low bit rates.
- Issue 3964:- Data channel only peerconnection triggers an onAddStream callback.