Screen Share resolution scaling

Fuji Nafiul

Sep 10, 2022, 8:19:45 AMSep 10
to discuss-webrtc
I am implementing screen sharing in desktop app. What is the best way to follow :

1) capture the desired screen with original pixels, convert to YUV , encode and send to network.
2) capture the desired screen, scale down to specific resolution if greater the specific resolution (like 720p) and then convert to YUV, encode and send to network

which way does webRTC follows currently? as far as I understand, webRTC follows the 1st one and in that case for MAC or high resolution devices, won't it create a serious problem for bandwidth issue so badly? and Is the 2nd way even feasible as scale down can take some serious time..!
Thanks in advance for any kind of help..

guest271314

Sep 10, 2022, 2:10:11 PMSep 10
to discuss-webrtc
You should be able to pipe the `MediaStream` through `ImageCapture` or `canvas` or `MediaStreamTrackProcessor` to scale and pipe scaled stream.