Audio only WEBRTC. Toggle between loudspeaker and top speaker

Anders Both

May 4, 2022, 9:45:41 AM5/4/22
to discuss-webrtc
Dear group.

In an audio-only webbased webrtc application, can I then toggle between the loudspeaker and the top speaker, on a smartphone (iphone/android) ?

Or alternatively between larger room microphone and the smaller at-ear-microphone (cause then I think the speaker follow).

It seems to me that this might not be possible, meaning you cannot make audio only call from a website.

Best regard and thanks.

Tom Hartnett

May 4, 2022, 9:50:06 AM5/4/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Not on an iphone. WebKit as deployed by iOS doesn't respond to commands that allow the enumeration and selection of output audio devices
 This has been grinding my gears since webRTC was first supported in Safari.
There's a ticket open for it somewhere in the WebKit project.

--

---

Anders Both

May 4, 2022, 9:52:58 AM5/4/22
to discuss-webrtc
Thanks !.

Just to clarify: This mean that currently it is not possible to do a phone-call-like audio only setup on safari ?

Will go look for the thread on webkit!.

guest271314

May 4, 2022, 8:31:48 PM5/4/22
to discuss-webrtc