Sample "Peer connection using Perfect Negotiation" and no Internet Access

Thomas Seilund

Aug 7, 2022, 2:33:49 PM8/7/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

I run the sample "Peer connection using Perfect Negotiation", see https://webrtc.github.io/samples/

I downloaded the code and I run the sample from my localhost.

I changed the sample so it only uses local resources. Use local version of adapter.js, no use of ga.js pull in no fonts or stylesheets.

When localhost has internet access the sample runs fine.

When localhost has no internet access the sample comes up fine but nothing happens when I press the "Swap Sending Track" button. When internet access is reestablished the sample continues and behaves as expected.

Why does the sample not work when localhost has no internet access?

Thanks

Thomas S

Omar Jay

Aug 8, 2022, 12:04:53 PM8/8/22
to discuss-webrtc
Do you get any errors in the browser debug console?

It worked for me when I tried the online version and disconnected my network cable.  Not the same as localhost, but it did work.

Your local server could be an issue.  Often there are CORS and wss issues for instance.

Thomas Seilund

Aug 11, 2022, 2:59:16 AM8/11/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi Omar