Probing drops down the transfer bitrate

Srikant Dash

Jun 6, 2022, 2:49:35 PM6/6/22
to discuss-webrtc
I am using WebRTC for cloud game streaming, i noticed there were sudden drops in the bit rate randomly while using.

Both the server and client support 100mbps + upload and download.
Currently, I have set the max bitrate to 80 Mbps for my test and it hits that value but after some time when the probing happens, it drops the bit rate. The bit rate gradually builds up to max bit rate i.e. 80 Mbps, then drops back to 7-8 Mbps when the probing happens.

Linked a video of it below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1coI3rrGVf4OAFnt2oeSCx0zFJznvfyQv/view?usp=sharing

Vitaly Ivanov

Jun 6, 2022, 10:58:28 PM6/6/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
That probing thing is very annoying indeed. I don't know if there's a way to disable it completely, but you can instruct it to probe higher by setting bitrate in SDP to 80 mbps

--

---