PSA: Removing the RX processing APIs from VoEAudioProcessing

Fredrik Solenberg

Sep 1, 2016, 8:25:29 AM9/1/16
to discuss-webrtc
The receive side audio processing is unused by PeerConnection and not well tested/maintained. I have a CL up to remove these APIs from VoiceEngine:

virtual int SetRxNsStatus(int channel, bool enable, NsModes mode = kNsUnchanged) = 0; virtual int GetRxNsStatus(int channel, bool& enabled, NsModes& mode) = 0; virtual int SetRxAgcStatus(int channel, bool enable, AgcModes mode = kAgcUnchanged) = 0; virtual int GetRxAgcStatus(int channel, bool& enabled, AgcModes& mode) = 0; virtual int SetRxAgcConfig(int channel, AgcConfig config) = 0; virtual int GetRxAgcConfig(int channel, AgcConfig& config) = 0; virtual int RegisterRxVadObserver(int channel, VoERxVadCallback& observer) = 0; virtual int DeRegisterRxVadObserver(int channel) = 0;

(along with the VoERxVadCallback)

If I hear no objections, I'll land it in two weeks time.

- Fredrik

Arun Raghavan

Sep 1, 2016, 8:59:31 AM9/1/16
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
On 1 September 2016 at 17:55, 'Fredrik Solenberg' via discuss-webrtc
Out of curiosity, is the intention that this will also filter into
lower layers (i.e. will AudioProcessing::ProcessReverseStream() be
dropped?)

Cheers,
Arun

Fredrik Solenberg

Sep 1, 2016, 9:52:19 AM9/1/16
to discuss-webrtc
Not at this time; the change concerns only the VoEAudioProcessing API and wiring down into voice_engine/channel.cc

- F

Fredrik Solenberg

Sep 15, 2016, 5:08:27 AM9/15/16
to discuss-webrtc