Hiring announcement: Clearview Sudbury School

Bruce Smith

May 17, 2021, 9:32:33 PM5/17/21
to discuss-su...@googlegroups.com
Our school’s Executive Committee has authorized me to post the following job announcement. Feel free to share it far and wide!

Thanks,

Bruce

Clearview Sudbury School is hiring for the 2021-22 school year. We are looking for self-starting, hard-working individuals who embody Sudbury values to enrich our community and contribute to our long-term success.

Staffing at Clearview Sudbury School is very different from working in other types of schools. Here, students enjoy self-directed learning and have an equal say in school governance. Clearview students control how and when to pursue their interests, and they determine the extent of staff involvement in their pursuits. Staff neither plan unsolicited activities nor unilaterally establish or enforce rules.

Rather, staff members at Clearview Sudbury School act as role models of successful adulthood, facilitate student access to resources, and perform a wide variety of administrative and maintenance tasks. Staff ensure that the school lives up to its philosophy, anchoring its culture to values of freedom, respect, responsibility, and trust. Honoring the choices of students, they rely on the school’s judicial system to effectively resolve rule infractions. They thrive in an environment with frequent distractions and interruptions, and work well both independently and as a part of diverse teams.

Staff duties include instruction and assistance as requested; participation in the democratic structures of the school; outreach (e.g., marketing, social media); administrative (e.g., bookkeeping, legal compliance, admissions management); parent support; and upholding the Sudbury model of education. A person accepting a staff position is agreeing to show a high level of initiative, even when work must occur during non-scheduled hours (e.g., evenings, weekends, holidays/breaks). Specific tasks and responsibilities are shared among all staff members.

Strong candidates will exhibit a thorough understanding of the Sudbury model. Teaching experience is not required.

If interested, please request a completed application; applications and resumes are due no later than June 30, 2021. Subsequent steps include multiple interviews and a visiting week. Background checks will also need to be completed.

Please call or email the school with any questions.

off...@clearviewsudburyschool.org

512.524.0085

____________________________________

Clearview Sudbury School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment. CSS does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, financial aid, and any other administered programs and activities.

--
Bruce blogs at

Write Learning

writer/educator seeks viable life of creativity and mindfulness

http://writelearning.wordpress.com

Courtney Smith

May 18, 2021, 10:43:24 AM5/18/21
to discuss-su...@googlegroups.com
I have friends in Texas, but I'd like to be able to tell them a salary range before I send them this as a possibility.

The rules for the list are available at https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/discuss-sudbury-model Read these before writing or responding!!!