Fwd: 10 days remain to register - USGenWeb Project National Election

Tina Vickery

May 21, 2020, 11:08:49 PM5/21/20
to boa...@googlegroups.com, disc...@googlegroups.com, state...@googlegroups.com, Election Committee
FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <tsvi...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 21, 2020 at 6:09 PM
Subject: 10 days remain to register - USGenWeb Project National Election
To: <tsvi...@gmail.com>

TEN days remain to register for our annual USGenWeb Project National
Election.� If you have not previously registered to vote in the
elections you will need to do so now. Registration will close on May
31 at 12M eastern time. It is also a good idea to check to make sure
that all of your regions show within your record. If any are missing
you will not be able to vote in that area of the election.

To check your record go to
http://usgenweb.org/usgwelections/registration/regGuide.html for
instructions on registering and accessing your record.

State Coordinators, if you have not notified the Election Committee of
new members or have not removed old members, then the new members will
not be able to vote and the old ones will still be able to. This is
not what we want. Please make sure that you have updated your state's
membership with the EC.

Once we close the data set to changes, you will not be able to access
it until after the election.

Tina Vickery
USGenWeb Election Committee Chair

Timothy Stowell

May 24, 2020, 9:59:14 PM5/24/20
to disc...@googlegroups.com
So I have a new member - from reading this and going to the page -  http://usgwelections.org/ - select Register, I suppose they click the part after OR put in their email address and something will be sent to them?

Is that correct on how first time CCs register?  I just want to make sure I'm sending folks to the correct place.

Tim Stowell

Tina Vickery

May 25, 2020, 12:43:55 AM5/25/20
to disc...@googlegroups.com, Pat Asher
That is correct. It will send them the information that they need to
log in. Once logged in, they well be brought through screens to enter
their information, including a checkbox to register to vote in the
USGenWeb Project Election. I am cc'ing Pat, our Dataset manager with
this email, she may have something to add.

Tina

Tina
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-l/CAF49Dn2nNSfSAda%2BRTYA2KRU_erG60tEFbkMdHF0x-4opJSXMQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Pat Asher

May 25, 2020, 12:13:28 PM5/25/20
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Tim,

Their password will be sent to them -- if you have added them as a member. If you have not, they are not in the dataset and there is nothing to send them.

That is why we ask project coordinators to regularly inform the EC of changes to their membership, so new members are in the dataset, their sites can be approved, and they can register to vote.

Pat Asher

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-l/CABvXYb%3D1--svwC0-RwO8CP9yk97%3DT59%3DVv%3DqLjBtRMu0sNsyzQ%40mail.gmail.com.