"Caste": A Critique of HAF's Report

Ravi J

Dec 19, 2010, 6:07:56 PM12/19/10
Greetings from Medha Journal.

In our quest to foster quality discussions & debates on serious & topical issues of the day, we look forward to your participation in the freshly ignited debate on that old perennial favorite, "Caste"

Here's some background. Out of the blue, the HAF (Hindu American Foundation) has released what it claims to be a definitive Report on the thorny subject of "Caste". In one fell swoop it seems to have changed from an outwardly focused advocacy organization fighting for the rights of the micro-minority Hindus in the US, to a Global Reformer, who wishes turn it's guns "inwards" and to reach across oceans, across time & space and take upon itself the onus of "reforming" Hinduism itself. This even to the extent of recommending censoring & 'editing" the hoary ancient Smrtis etc!

If you think that's a stretch, or even if you think it is appropriate, be sure to come in & take part in the comments on at least one definitive Rebuttal of HAF's report. This is by our Medha Geopolitical Guru, and is at : http://medhajournal.com/geopolitics-guru/1060-critique-of-hindu-american-foundations-report-on-caste.html

With Best Wishes.
Ravi
Co-Founder
The Medha Journal