Fwd: Higher Education Campus Alliance for Advanced Visualization 4th Annual Conference

Mike Nutt

Sep 11, 2019, 10:50:26 AM9/11/19
to Immersive Scholar Discussion List

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Levar <michae...@mechdyne.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 11:49 AM
Subject: Higher Education Campus Alliance for Advanced Visualization 4th Annual Conference
To: mrn...@ncsu.edu <mrn...@ncsu.edu>

Hello Mike,

I am taking a few moments to share what I hope will be a valuable resource for you and your colleagues.

The Higher Education Campus Alliance for Advanced Visualization (THE CAAV) is excited to announce its 4th annual Conference, October 15-17, 2019 at Indiana University. And Mechdyne is proud to be a corporate sponsor.

https://indianauniv.ungerboeck.com/prod/emc00/PublicSignIn.aspx?&SessionID=ej3fhofh0fh2ff8ei0ff0&Lang=*

The CAAV, the Campus Alliance for Advanced Visualization, is a volunteer-driven, nonprofit organization that promotes the effective use of large-format visualization displays, such as CAVE-style immersive systems and tiled panel displays, as well as advanced visualization software. The CAAV strives to promote the uses of such hardware and software by fostering academic-style open expression and discourse among those who work in advanced visualization.

The primary benefit to members of THE CAAV emanates from the members of the community themselves, through the sharing of ideas and concerns important to the operation of advanced visualization facilities.

On an ongoing basis, THE CAAV operates a slack channel for members to ask and answer questions and share other ideas. One day each month (the 10th) is promoted as a day when a higher percentage of members can connect and thus have more lively back and forth discussions.

We encourage anyone interested in Immersive Visualization, Virtual Reality, 3-Dimensional Imaging, and Graphic intensive Applications to become a member. Membership is free. I have included this URL to the CAAV landing page for your convenience.

https://thecaav.squarespace.com/

Michael Levar

Technical Sales Consultant

Gulf Coast Region

Mechdyne Corporation
Tel:  713-882-4776  |  Fax:  641.754.4650
www.mechdyne.com

email logo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Information in this electronic message is Mechdyne confidential. It is intended solely for the recipient(s) named. This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me by email or telephone, delete the message from your system immediately and destroy any printed copies. Distribution of this message to others in any form is prohibited. Please do not review, disclose, copy, distribute or use this transmission or its contents. Mechdyne Europe Ltd. is a Mechdyne Corporation company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 5079006. Registered office: 11 Merus Court, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1RJ, United Kingdom.

--
Mike Nutt
Associate Head, Data & Visualization Services