Vis 4 DH (at IEEE Viz)

Micah Vandegrift

Aug 7, 2018, 11:17:11 AM8/7/18
to Immersive Scholar Discussion List
Hello!

I'm interested in the intersection of visualization and the digital humanities (broadly defined). A colleague here at NCSU Libraries, Markus Wust, discovered this upcoming workshop attached to the IEEE Viz conference in Berlin titled "Viz4DH". I'm hoping to attend, as I'll be in The Netherlands just before this meeting.

Are any of our European colleagues planning to attend? Who else is producing, recruiting, or imagining visualization practices in the digital humanities?

Micah Vandegrift
Lead PI - Immersive Scholar
Open Knowledge Librarian, NCSU Libraries

Sarah Huber

Aug 8, 2018, 12:39:57 PM8/8/18
to Immersive Scholar Discussion List
Hi Micah.  I talked with you recently about the Immersive Scholar program.  Myself, along with a digital humanities librarian, Matt Hannah, and an academic affairs librarian, Michael Flierl, here at Purdue are collaborating on a pilot with the associate dean of the College of Liberal arts to recruit faculty that want to use VR in the classroom.  We're going to talk about the resources, but also the pedagogy to bring VR into the digital humanities.  If you want to talk again where Matt and Michael are involved, that would be great.  I went to IEEE last year.  I wish I could go again this year -- lots of opportunities for librarians there, I think.  Have fun!

Sarah