NCSU completes 2 creative residencies as part of Immersive Scholar

Micah Vandegrift

Nov 30, 2018, 10:03:02 AM11/30/18
to discuss-imme...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends, colleagues,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to share some of the outputs from Immersive Scholar. We have finished 2 out of our 3 residencies, and are very proud of their work.

Liss LaFleur's Coded Glass collected data and analysis of 2,629,581 #metoo tweets from October 1, 2017 to August 15, 2018 and showcases virtual stained glass windows of protest signs, emojis, and hashtags from the movement as a form of data visualization and metaphor for creating communal sacred spaces.

Lucas Swick's Community Gardens is data-driven generative art installation, using data from an NCSU study on food/housing insecurity of our own student population.

We are currently working on documentation, and will share that along with the content and code in the very near future. We'd love to see how these projects have life beyond displays here on our campus.

Please feel free to explore these projects, send questions, and share your own ongoing immersive/visualization projects!

Happy December, all!
Micah V.
--
Micah Vandegrift
Open Knowledge Librarian, Copyright & Digital Scholarship Center

Fulbright-Schuman Innovation Fellow, Oct '18 - Mar '19
    - blogging at medium.com/@mlvandeg