The check-resolve branch has been merged, compilation time reduced to 40% of original.

Ben Lippmeier

Aug 1, 2018, 2:18:37 AM8/1/18
to discu...@googlegroups.com
Before:
typhoon:ddc-master benl$ time bin/war test/ddc-demo/
real 0m59.033s
user 0m53.558s
sys 0m7.262s

After
typhoon:ddc-devel benl$ time bin/war test/ddc-demo/
real 0m24.286s
user 0m20.684s
sys 0m3.946s

After these changes, when compiling a given module we now only need to load interface files for directly imported modules, not every module that is transitively reachable. Much time used to be spent deserialising type sigs for declarations that the current module is not actually using. No longer.

Ben.

Chris Hall

Aug 1, 2018, 3:32:24 AM8/1/18
to discu...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

I’ve been wondering what this change has been building up towards

~Chris

Joshua Pratt

Aug 1, 2018, 4:53:21 AM8/1/18
to discu...@googlegroups.com